Big changes to Summit
During the months since UDS – P in Orlando, FL, the Summit Hackers have been hard at work. As of right now, we have modified more than 2400 lines of code and fixed 24 bugs. Most of those 2400 lines of code have been adding new features and finally getting around to adding a better looking schedule view when on your personal device. While we have made great strides towards getting Summit to be perfect, there is still more work that needs to be done. Our first big test for these new features will be the Linaro Connect Q1.12 event that starts next Monday, February 6. I have the pleasure of being able to go to this event, so I hope to obtain feedback while I am there on ways to further improve Summit for next UDS. Please feel free to poke around with the changes and provide any feedback you may have!
Also, thanks to the work of Stuart Langridge, the Summit agenda view will soon be mobile friendly, making it easy to follow your schedule on your cell phone!
- Added user roles of Scheduler, Manager, and Track Lead
- Added the ability for Admins, Schedulers, Managers, and Track Leads to create private meetings through the UI
- The creator has the ability to add people who are required to attend
- The creator and any schedulers have the ability to edit the private meeting, as well as edit the attendee list
- Added a way to create a link to a private meeting that has a random hash string in the URL.
- If you have been given this URL you can view the meeting details without being marked as attending, or having a launchpad account
- Added a new daily agenda view (http://summit.ubuntu.com/lcq1-12/2012-02-06/)
- New display is much more personal computer friendly
- Displays all information about a meeting, including time, location, description, attendees, and track
- New displays will show private meetings that the logged in user is marked as attending on, including the information about the private meeting
- Gray star denotes not attending, Gold star denotes attending.
- Added “Track” page (http://summit.ubuntu.com/lcq1-12/tracks)
- This page includes all tracks, track descriptions, and track leads.
- Added the ability for the plenary room to double as a “Training room”
- Removed ALL Linaro hacks
- Added the ability for a user to mark themself as attending a meeting without having to subscribe to the blueprint
Bugs that were fixed: